Q. How will waste be managed?
A. A range of domestic, hazardous, mineral waste and sewage will be generated by the Project. Shenhua Watermark has committed to a range of mitigation and management measures to be included in an overarching Waste Management Plan to ensure all waste types are appropriately and safely managed. Waste minimisation strategies include:
• Providing training/education regarding the separation of recyclables and other materials to improve downstream processes;
• Reducing the use of problem disposable waste and seeking suitable alternatives to improve resource recovery, where practicable;
• Facilitating investment in appropriate waste infrastructure on site;
• Reducing litter and combating accidental spills/dumping;
• Setting waste recovery targets; and
• Engaging with relevant stakeholders to address resource recovery issues.