The Project is located approximately 25 km south-east of the township of Gunnedah and 3km to the west of the village of Breeza. The Project is approximately 282 km by rail from the Port of Newcastle.
The Project generally comprises:
• The construction and operation of an open cut coal mining operation extracting up
to 10 Million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) of Run of Mine (ROM) coal for a 30 year
• The utilisation of an open cut mining fleet of excavators and rope shovels,
supported by haul trucks, dozers, graders, blast hole drills and water carts;
• Progressive rehabilitation of all disturbed areas;
• The construction and operation of:
o Coal Handling and Preparation Plant to process the raw coal;
o Administration building, workshop and related facilities;
o Train loadout, rail spur and loop to connect to the rail line to Newcastle;
o Mine Access Road off the Kamilaroi Highway including an overpass of the
o Water management and reticulation infrastructure; and
o Communications and electricity infrastructure.
• A workforce of up to 600 full-time equivalent employees during construction and
an average of 434 full-time equivalent employees during the operation of the